Latina teenagers have one of the highest rates of suicide among teens in the United States. In many cases they share a common thread: they are first-generation Americans with immigrant parents – and they find themselves caught between old traditions and their American life. So what is driving these girls to the brink of hopelessness and what is being done to stop it?
- Latina entrepreneur on a mission to eradicate term ‘Hispanic’ from American lexicon (latinalista.com)
- Use of the morning after pill among Latinas rises significantly (voxxi.com)
- Here She Comes: Glam Belleza Latina (hispanicbusiness.com)
- First Latina Girl Scouts CEO: ‘Anything is possible’ (nbclatino.com)
- New Latina leadership organization keeps ELLA in mind (latinalista.com)